Call Us First
What to do first depends on the circumstances of the death. When someone dies in a hospital or similar care facility, the staff will usually take care of some arrangements, such as contacting our funeral home.
However, you – or a designated family member or friend – will need to notify others. We have found it will make it easier on you if just a few phone calls are made to other relatives or friends, where you ask each of them to make a phone call or two to specific people.
When you call us, our Funeral Director will help you:
- Transport your loved one
- Obtain a death certificate
- Select a casket or urn
- Arrange the funeral, memorial and/or burial service
- Prepare and publish the obituary
- Help notify the deceased’s insurance company
- Offer grief support
- Direct you to other resources
For more information on what is involved with funeral planning contact us.